Cedar Falls Community Foundation Summer Campaign
June 16, 2020
This week the Cedar Falls Community Foundation launched its Summer campaign to raise funds for five specific areas of need. The Cedar Falls Community Foundation was founded in 1977 to serve the needs of Cedar Falls and annually provides approximately $250,000 to Cedar Falls public and private non-profit organizations.
Support is sought for these areas of need:
1. Emergency Response Fund: Supports nonprofits addressing local emergency needs and disaster relief efforts arising from severe circumstances impacting the community.
2. Health and Wellness Opportunity Fund: Supports inspirational initiatives that promote a healthy lifestyle, wellness and physical fitness projects for residents of Cedar Falls.
3. Children and Families Fund: Supports a broad range of needs including developmental, educational and activity based programs strengthening our community infrastructure directly impacting Cedar Falls families and children.
4. Cedar Falls Enhancement Fund: Provides for a wide range of community support for community needs including programs of Cedar Falls public and private non-profit organizations assisting with vital projects that act as a catalyst for a “rising tide raising all ships”.
5. Founders Club Fund: Provides unrestricted funds to the Cedar Falls Community Foundation to support its growth and impact to Cedar Falls citizens and allows for flexible responses to emerging needs.
Matching Funds Challenge!
A matching funds challenge has been issued by past President Russ Curtis and his wife Diane, and newly elected CFCF Board President John Lehman and his wife Kristie. They have partnered to provide a $5,000 matching gift for the first $5,000 received in this year’s campaign. Donations may be mailed to CFCF, PO Box 824, Cedar Falls, IA 50613, or made on line at https://www.cf-communityfoundation.org/ through the DONATE portal.
The Cedar Falls Community Foundation is a nationally accredited community foundation serving Cedar Falls and vicinity. The CFCF partners with many non-profits, investing and managing their resources for maximum return. In addition to serving area non-profits, the CFCF annually makes grants from its competitive funds. The Cedar Falls Community Foundation grant application portal is open until June 30, accepting applications to the Rownd Trust (capital projects) and the Diamond Arts & History Fund. Applicants must be non-profit organizations and must submit through the CFCF portal at https://www.cf-communityfoundation.org/.
The Foundation also serves individuals wishing to leave a legacy. Individuals with passion for a particular cause or organization are invited to connect with the Cedar Falls Community Foundation at CFCF@cfu.net.
The Cedar Falls Community Foundation office, currently closed due to the coronavirus pandemic, is located inside Farmers State Bank, corner of 6th and Main Street, Cedar Falls. Contact the Foundation at: 319.243.9170, email: CFCF@cfu.net, or visit the website at www.cf-communityfoundation.org or find us on Facebook.