CFCF Seeks Executive Director
June 8, 2021
CFCF Seeks Executive Director
The Cedar Falls Community Foundation seeks Executive Director to manage and promote the Foundation’s work as a champion of philanthropy to enhance the quality of life for the citizens of Cedar Falls.
Responsibilities include implementing and updating the Foundation’s strategic plans, identifying and engaging prospective donors and non-profits in the community, facilitating efforts of volunteer board of directors, and ensuring compliance with national standards.
Qualified candidates will have bachelor’s degree in related discipline, at least three years experience in non-profit management and fundraising, be a highly organized self-starter, have excellent communications skills and the ability to build relationships.
This position is 20-25 hours/week with flexible work schedule and potential to transition to full time. Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Send letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Executive Director – Job Description
Updated June 4, 2021
The Cedar Falls Community Foundation inspires and connects individuals, families, and organizations to enhance our community, support non-profits, elevate educational opportunities, and build legacies through philanthropy.
To be a champion of local philanthropy and a trusted, empowering partner to donors who are passionate about enriching the community of Cedar Falls.
The power of community-focused philanthropy.
The responsible stewardship of resources.
The utilization of best practices.
The impact of community engagement
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Promoting and increasing private giving for the public benefit of the citizens of Cedar Falls.
• Growing CFCF assets by adding new and maintaining existing permanent endowments and other contributions that can respond to needs of the Cedar Falls community.
• Administering grants to non-profit organizations and projects that benefit the Cedar Falls community.
• Raising visibility and awareness of the CFCF within the donor, non-profit, advisor and leadership community of Cedar Falls.
• Enabling philanthropy by citizens of Cedar Falls, whatever their passions may be.
• Maintaining national accreditation and operational excellence as a Community Foundation.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Provide stable leadership, organization, and support to volunteer board of directors and involved citizens.
• Work with board of directors to update and implement strategic plans to fulfill the mission and vision of the CFCF.
• Have ongoing engagement with non-profit organizations, community leaders, and government leaders to raise visibility of the CFCF, to be in tune with community needs and opportunities, and to promote opportunities to work with the CFCF.
• Facilitate an inclusive, consultative process for promoting and making creative, sensitive, and visionary grants to community organizations and individual projects.
• Facilitate ongoing training of board of directors, staff, advisors, donors and the Cedar Falls community about issues pertinent to the CFCF and the community.
• Work with board of directors to cultivate donors and secure financial support for the CFCF by developing and implementing fundraising programs and events.
• Build existing and new permanent endowments and other contributions to increase the scope and effectiveness of the CFCF to address community needs.
• Have ongoing engagement with existing and prospective donors, advisors, and community organizations to raise visibility of the CFCF, educate them of community needs and opportunities, and promote the full range of tools that the CFCF provides to address these needs and opportunities.
• Coordinate support staff, contracted services and affiliated organizations to ensure CFCF needs are met.
• Ensure regular office hours are maintained.
• Ensure media (publications, websites, social media, press releases, etc.) are up-to-date, timely, and readily available to directors and the community.
• Prepare and monitor an annual budget in coordination with subcommittees.
• Be familiar with national, state and CFCF standards, policies and regulations, and ensure compliance thereof.
• Strive for continuous improvement in processes, policies and services.
• Have ongoing engagement with national Council of Foundations, Iowa Council of Foundations, and other professional organizations to stay on top of upcoming changes, regulations and opportunities in the industry.